How do I set up or configure Greylisting?
Greylisting is enabled by default for all customers automatically.
NOTE: One disadvantage of greylisting is the delay of legitimate e-mail from servers not yet verified. This is especially apparent when a server attempts verify a new user's identity by sending them a confirmation e-mail. Configuring your Trusted Senders list can help resolve this.
Each email account can opt out completely from Greylisting by following these steps:
1) Log into your webmail account
2) Next select "Settings" from the icon bar on the left side of the screen.
3) From the left navigation window, select "Account Settings"
4) On the User tab under Account Settings, there is an option called: Bypass Greylisting - check this box and click save if you do not wish to use the Greylisting feature.
5) Or if you wish to use Greylisting and would like to ensure quick delivery from email senders you current know about, you can use the trusted senders feature. Select Settings -> Trusted Senders. Follow the instructions for entering email addresses or domain names. All trusted senders added will automatically bypass the Greylisting resulting in prompt mail delivery to your account.