The following article explains how to configure IIS SMTP relay for CDOSYS on your Windows VDS. When the server is setup, IIS SMTP is installed and enabled. By default though, SMTP relay is disabled, which prevents the CDOSYS component from sending email through IIS SMTP. If you wish to use the CDOSYS component to send email from your website, you will need to configure the relay settings for the IP address(es) on the server you wish to use.
To configure IIS SMTP relay, please follow these steps:
1) Log into your server through Remote Desktop Connection (instructions for connecting to your server through RDC can be found here).
2) Click Start, Programs, Administrative Tools, and select Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
3) Expand local computer and right click on Default SMTP Virtual Server.
4) Click Properties.
5) On the Access tab, click Relay.
6) Select Only the list below.
7) Click Add.
8) Select Single Computer.
9) Enter the localhost IP address, 127.0.0.1 and click OK.
10) Click OK.