The following article explains how to create a domain in SmarterMail on your Windows VDS. This procedure will need to be performed for each domain you wish to setup in SmarterMail.
To create a domain in SmarterMail, please follow these steps:
1) Open a Web browser and browse to the SmarterMail web interface, http://ip_address:9998. Make sure that port: 9998 is enable on your VDS firewall (instructions for enabling firewall ports can be found here).
2) Login as the administrator using the following information:
- Full email address: admin
- Password: enter your SmarterMail admin password
3) Click the Manage icon.
4) From the Manage navigation panel, click New Domain.
5) On the Options tab, enter the requested information:
- Name: the domain name mail is being configured for
- IP Address: the ip address assigned for the domain
- User Name: the administrative user for the mail account
- Password: the password for the administrative user
6) On the Limits tab, set the mail limits for the domain, including Domain Disk Space and number of Users.
7) Click Save.