The following article explains how to enable mixed mode authentication in SQL. When enabled, mixed mode authentication allows you to log into a SQL server using either your Windows VDS username and password or your SQL database username and password. When logged in using your Windows VDS username and password, you have access to all the databases on the server. To enable mixed mode authentication, please follow these steps:
To enable mixed mode authentication, please follow these steps:
1) Log into your server through Remote Desktop Connection (instructions for connecting to your server through RDC can be found here).
2) Click Start, Programs, Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008 and select SQL Server Management Studio Express or SQL Server Management Studio, depending on your version of SQL Server.
3) Enter the requested information:
- Server Type: select Database Engine
- Server Name: this field should be populated by default
- Authentication: select Windows Authentication
4) Click Connect.
5) Right click the server name and select Properties
6) Click Security.
7) Under Server authentication select SQL Server and Windows Authentication Mode.
8) Click OK
9) Right click the server name and select Restart. Wait a few moments for the service to restart before proceeding.